loco adj : informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy" [syn: balmy, barmy, bats, batty, bonkers, buggy, cracked, crackers, daft, dotty, fruity, haywire, kooky, kookie, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, round the bend, around the bend, wacky, whacky]
- Rhymes with: -əʊkəʊ
- A direction in written or printed music to return to the proper pitch after having played an octave higher or lower.
Etymology 2loco from loco. From γλαυκός or لوق.
- 2003: You know, I’m a little loco. Kinda crazy, zany guy. — The New Yorker, 15 Dec 2003, p.56
- Finnish: hullu
- A place.
- A written passage.
- In the place.
- English: locate
Loco can refer to the following:
- Loco (loa), a Rada nation patron of gangsters and drugs
- Loco (song), the first single by the band Coal Chamber
- An abbreviation for locomotive
- The Chilean and Peruvian name for the local Abalone
- Loco (computer game), a 1984 computer game for Commodore 64.
- Loco (Audio Programming Language), is an audio programming language designed to be for sound what Logo is for graphics
- Loco (album), a 2001 song and album by the Fun Lovin' Criminals
- Loco Linux, a Linux distribution
- Loco, Oklahoma is a place in Stephens County
- Loco, Switzerland
- The nickname of Manuel Antonio Cange, a footballer
- Loco team, a group of Linux and open source advocates
- Loco (Gobots), a character from the Gobots toyline
- Loco (MÄR) - A fictional character in the manga and anime series MÄR
- LocoRoco - Game for PSP(Playstation Portable)and Playstation 3
- Spanish name for the edible mollusc Concholepas concholepas
- Spanish eponym for "crazy".
loco in German: Loco
loco in Spanish: Loco
loco in French: Loco (homonymie)
loco in Simple English: Loco
abnormal, bereft of reason, brainsick, crackbrained, cracked, crazed, crazy, daft, deluded, demented, deprived of reason, deranged, disoriented, distraught, flighty, fruity, hallucinated, insane, irrational, lunatic, mad, maddened, maniac, manic, mazed, mental, mentally deficient, meshuggah, mindless, moon-struck, non compos, non compos mentis, not all there, not right, nuts, odd, of unsound mind, off, psycho, queer, reasonless, senseless, sick, stark-mad, stark-staring mad, strange, tetched, touched, unbalanced, unhinged, unsane, unsettled, unsound, wandering, witless